These Brownies are fudgy and yummy.. you won’t be able to tell they are flourless and made with Beans!
Now that the New Year is hear, I want to start paying attention to what I eat, and what I snack on. I gained a couple of pounds during the holidays because of course I wasn’t thinking about what I was putting in my mouth and stopped working.
These are brownies that are healthy and taste great. We all like them and my kids couldn’t guess that they were made with black beans.
Go ahead and give it a try.
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
3 tablespoons of oil ( you can try and substitute unsweetened applesauce which is what I will do the next time I make these)
4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
3/4 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of mini choc. chips ( I used dark chocolate)
1 teaspoon of instant coffee granules (optional)
- Pour into a greased 8X8 cake pan.
- Stir in some chocolate chips, nuts or leave plain.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes
- As soon as you take out of the oven, put chocolate chips and spread on top to make a frosting
- Let cool completely before cutting.
Recipe adapted from Food.com