They are light tasting with a great texture.
I used the Betty Crocker Gluten-free best ever corn dogs recipe as an inspiration for this and just changed one ingredient.
My kids love them because they taste great and they are little and perfect to just pick them up with their hands and dip into some syrup.
When you get your pancake pan, it comes with a little book showing some great recipe ideas. I haven’t tried any of them since we’ve changed to gluten-free cooking. But if anyone has experimented with adding different ingredients like maybe hot dogs to make little hot dog puffs, let me know! This batter can be a great start to your experimentation.
* A pancake puff pan ( you can order them from amazon)
* 2 skewers ( You can get them at the dollar store but it also comes with the pan)
* 1/2 cup of Bob’s Red Mill cornbread mix
* 1/2 cup of gluten-free Bisquick mix
* 1 egg, beaten
* 2 teaspoons sugar
* 2/3 cups of milk ( any kind )
* ice cream scooper
* gluten-free oil spray
Here’s what you need to do:
1. In a medium bowl, Combine all the ingredients together. Batter will be consistency of thick pancake batter.
2. Preheat your pan on medium/low and spray pan with coconut oil spray
3. Scoop a little bit of batter using an ice cream scooper into the pan. ( don’t over do it with the batter because then the middle will be raw)
4. Let it cook for about 3-4 minutes then check the bottom to see if it’s browned.
5. Once you see that it’s browned, using the skewers turn the puff so that it will cook the other side.
6. Check with the skewer to see if the bottom has browned which will take about 2-3 minutes depending.