This is such an easy Berry Jam/Sauce to make. Anytime I can use up berries I have in the fridge is a win win for me. Not to mention that your house will smell awesome!
Recipe taken from: www.kingarthurflour.com
This sauce is great as jam for toast etc. But also this sauce is perfect on pancakes or even better scooped right on top of ice cream. Yumm!!
Tip: Warm up the jam in a sauce pan or microwave to use on top of your morning pancakes or waffles.
Tip: Use this jam cold on top of banana ice cream. Recipe:http://glutenfreealie.com/?p=1532
Here is what you need:
2 cups of berries, sliced if large
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup of sugar, to taste
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. of salt ( I used a pinch of salt)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large microwave-safe bow. Make sure the bowl is large enough; the berries/sugar shouldn’t fill more than 1/2 of the bowl, as they’ll bubble up quite a bit as they cook.
- Cook the berries for 5 minutes in the microwave. ( I did 5 minutes and 30 seconds)
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, stir the berries, and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave, and stir thoroughly. If the mixture hasn’t become sauce-like and slightly syrupy, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir to combine any liquid, and refrigerate. The jam will thicken as it cools.
Yield: 1/2 to 3/4 cup jam.
Tip: You can use frozen berries, just cook them for 15 minutes rather than 10 minutes due to their excess liquid.
Tip: You can use other fruit as well.
Tip: You can easily double the recipe, you’ll just need to double the cooking time.