Making Raw brownies is something I started making last year when I wanted to satisfy my chocolate cravings with something delicious that is not bad for me.
I found a recipe on line but from making them so often I started changing it a little and changed some of the ingredients.
I decided this time to make them for Valentine’s and cover them in melted white chocolate and cover them with red sugar.
Oh and by the way feel free to make them into bars instead of the truffles. All you have to do is line an 8×8 or smaller pan with wax paper and then press the filling into the pan. Refrigerate at least 4 hours to set. Then cut into bars.
Here is what you will need:
2 cups of walnuts ( or Almond Meal )
2 cups of soft pitted dates ( or you can use prunes)
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 tsp of sea salt ( you can omit this if you want)
1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
*** optional **** Add a tiny shot of espresso
Here is what you do:
- Add 1 1/2 cups of walnuts ( reserving the other 1/2 cups) plus the remaining ingredients to a food processor.
- Turn on and puree until all the ingredients are combined and the mixture begins to form a ball of dough. This takes about 2 minutes in your food processor.
- Finely chop the remaining 1/2 cup of walnuts and fold into your batter.
- At this point you can make them into bars or to make the truffles use a tiny ice scream scoop and roll them into balls.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour till they set.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds at half power or on defrost setting. Stir. Wafers will not change shape while melting unless stirred.
- Repeat until wafers are completely melted.
- Roll the truffles in the melted chocolate using a fork.
- Place the truffles onto a large cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Sprinkle the Truffles with red sugar crystals.