It has a really nice parmesan and garlic flavor but you can always adjust this recipe to your liking.
Here’s what you will need:
1. 2 tbsp. of fresh parmesan cheese, grated
2. 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese (I used sargento)
3. 1 tablespoon of olive oil
4. 1 garlic clove minced
5. 1 tbsp. of chopped fresh basil
6. 1/2 lb. of gluten-free penne ( I used Biaglut brand)
7. 3 slices of cooked and chopped gluten-free bacon ( I like to use a smoky bacon)
1.Put a medium pot filled 1/2 way with water and bring it to a boil. Meanwhile in a large sauté pan, add the 1tbsp. of olive oil, bacon and garlic to the pan on low heat.(make sure to not let the garlic brown, if it does, then start all over). When water is boiling add a splash of olive oil and about a tsp. of salt.
2. Add the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese to the pan and stir on low to medium heat.
3. Add the pasta to the boiling water.
4. Once the pasta is done boiling, drain rinse.( Rinsing with cold water keeps the gf pasta from sticking together and keeps the finished dish from becoming mushy)
5. Add the rinsed pasta to the sauté pan and stir.
6. Add the chopped basil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil.
*Drizzle some fresh cut tomatoes with olive oil and salt and roast in the oven at 400 degrees, then add the roasted tomatoes to the pasta.
*Add chopped grill chicken to make as a main dish.
Try this dish, I know you will like it and can easily become part of your regular family meals. This can be a side dish or transformed into a main dish when you add chicken. If this is a main dish, I recommend you add more pasta then the 1/2pound and adjust the season accordingly.